Tuesday 17 January 2012

Christmas cake #2




Not much information needed for this one - essentially it's the same as the last Christmas cake, albeit square! This one has actually turned out to be better cake as it was cooked for a little less time so it's more moist. Unfortunately I don't like the decoration quite so much but never mind!

The ribbon and holly are made out of coloured fondant icing. The ribbon has been covered in red, holographic, edible glitter and I dusted the holly leaves with silver dusting powder. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your baking.

    Both your xmas cakes look good, though I prefer Christmas cake no.1 too. I think the first one looks more modern, unique and less traditional, but then I probably prefer penguins to ribbons!. I think a square cake board would have helped just a little bit with this one if you had one.

    ReplyDelete